Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Artie Smiths new band


*Gnar Gnotes*
-music, guitar tone, drums,vocal patterns, lyrics-
*Gnot Gnar Gnotes*
-vocals off key, bass tone-

The song itself is sickie, its catching as hell, hate to compare, but reminds me of a newer blink 182 song. The guitar tone, sounds awesome for a demo, they have different sounds, but they sound so good together. The drums are recorded perfect and the drummer plays well. New vocal pattern from artie smith, that sounds so gnar, I cant get it outta my head. Lyrics flat out, rule, straight up well written. Sucks he couldnt have busted these out for another band... cough c(ns)ough.

Both singers dont hit the notes sometimes they're supposed to hit. Which for me kills the feeling of the song. Its almost there, but the important notes need to be hit for this song to be completely hype. Take time in the studio to get those notes perfect. Bass tone sounds like an underground Oi! band demo. I mean Im not a tone nerd, but this recording is so hype it needs a hot tone.

All in all I give it a
C+ on vocals,
A+ on music/song structure/lyrics/vocal patterns

1 comment: