Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Say goodbye to skinhead youth

making an appointment to get it covered up. I've had this tattoo for 10 years, I've only almost gotten in one fight over it, and that was at day report at the county jail. Many people dont understand the skinhead culture I was into. It wasnt about racism or hate crimes or hating minorities, I believed in what the early 69 skinheads stood for. Being Working class, Pride in your country, pride in your self, pride in your friends, and being blue collar. I actually got the skinhead tattoo when I had long hair, I felt I didnt need to shave my head to be a skinhead. I was what you would call a Traditional Skinhead. I think there are 3 kinds if skinheads. Racists, S.H.A.R.P.S., and Traditionals. For some people its hard to believe a skinhead cant be racist, well I was not racist. I was in an Oi! band called "Boot Militia" with an african american jamaican skinhead who listened to french Oi! for gods sake. I did not write these reviews about the books but check em.
"This book is quite informitive in regards to those who either do not know or just do not know much about the TRUE skinhead subculture and its well-integrated youth. The constant complaints and literary snarls towards the general media for slandering the working-class youths does become a bit repititious, yet Marshall wonderfully documents the subculture's spread around the world by displaying many photographs and writing of his own knowledge and that of the people he has met. For those of us who have been around the block, Skinhead Nation makes for a great coffee table book to spot out those we know.""For close to a decade, many americans,and other races, have shunned the word "Skinhead" as being a foul and racist word. This book proves that theory wrong. Skinheads came about in 1969 in england. They were a youth cult. This book clearly describes all of the important facts of skinhead history. From Traditional skinheads, to S.H.A.R.P.S (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice), and lets not leave out the most stereotypical, Neo-Nazi (BONEHEADS) Skinheads. From the Mods to Rude Boys. From the music they listen to to the style of dress. It even describes the type of alcohol they like. Most of all it explains the truth about Skinheads that so many people don't know or don't want to know. This book must be read by all people. It could change so many peoples minds. But I'll warn everybody, the second chapter is kind of boring. Oi Oi And happy reading."

2 comments:

THE DUKE OF NOTHING said...

sad sad day. best tattoo.

HeatherFe said...

I think you could prolly cover it up easily with something like this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_g23luxfc5AY/SUEm16kEEcI/AAAAAAAAH-M/AyVQG6wdsgo/s400/lynched_black_woman.jpg